The purposes of the Engineering Expo and other research events are to:
- Recognize the discovery, creativity, and inquiry-based scholarship and entrepreneurial talents of MUSE students;
- Encourage undergraduate research as a way of learning and of positioning oneself for admission to graduate or professional schools or for excellent career opportunities;
- Applaud the hard work and dedication of students and faculty mentors;
- Cultivate the next generation of research mentors;
- Provide the greater community, including high school students, with information about Mercer’s Engineering programs, as well as the vibrant MUSE community feel
- Create networks with more MUSE students, faculty, families, and friends.
These events include conference style podium/poster presentations and a design competition. Presentations include senior design projects, Honors projects, undergraduate/graduate research projects, and course projects.