Engineering Honors Program
Community of Scholars
The Engineering Honors Program at Mercer University provides exceptional students a program of study that presents challenges beyond the normal requirements for an undergraduate degree in the School of Engineering.
Students are admitted to the Engineering Honors Program by invitation only.
The goals of the Engineering Honors Program are:
- Provide a common first-year student experience that challenges students and faculty both technically and non-technically
- Provide a project experience that demonstrates knowledge and skills that exceed normal undergraduate requirements
Students in the Engineering Honors Program must:
- Complete the 6 upper-level credits associated with the Engineering Scholars Program
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.3
Students who fall below 3.3 will be allowed to continue in the Engineering Honors Program for 1 semester.
- Complete a project approved by the Engineering Scholars Program in addition to the undergraduate degree requirements
- Provide a poster presentation on their Engineering Scholars project at the end of each academic year
- Complete an approved final project report documenting their Engineering Scholars project
Engineering Scholars are encouraged to further challenge themselves by pursuing research experiences for undergraduates (REU), internships, Mercer On Mission, and study abroad programs.