Regents' Engineering Pathways
The Regents’ Engineering Pathways (REP) program expands the availability of engineering education opportunities for Georgians across all University System of Georgia institutions. Students complete 1, 2, or more years of engineering pathway courses at participating University System of Georgia institutions and then transfer to Georgia Institute of Technology, Georgia Southern University, Kennesaw State University, Mercer University, or the University of Georgia (REP Engineering Institutions) to complete a B.S. degree in Engineering.
Engineering Majors at Mercer
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Transferring to Mercer
Visit the admissions website to learn about the transfer process and timeline at Mercer.
Freshman and Sophomore Years at Mercer Engineering
Students typically transfer to Mercer Engineering in one of 6 specialties as an incoming sophomore or junior. Courses not taken at the REP member school can be completed at Mercer, but progress might be delayed at Mercer to meet prerequisite requirements. We recommend that students transfer to Mercer as rising sophomores with 30 or more semester hours to stay on track to graduate in 4 years. A personalized review can be requested at any time prior to transfer.
Mercer School of Engineering Transfer Requirements
Students who transfer into the School of Engineering must:
- Have a minimum of 2.5 GPA in all college enrollments
- Have a 2.5 GPA or higher in all college mathematics, science, and engineering courses (excluding developmental mathematics courses)
- Be in good standing, that is, not on warning, probation, suspension, or equivalent
The School of Engineering will consider transfer students at any stage in their education after successfully completing Calculus I (MAT191).
Full Admission for Transfer Students to the B.S.E. Degree Program
Transfer students who seek full admission to the School of Engineering BSE degree program must satisfy the following conditions:
- Have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA in all college enrollments
- Have a 2.5 GPA or higher in all degree relevant college math, science and engineering courses attempted. Courses are considered degree relevant only if they could be used (were an appropriate grade earned) to satisfy degree requirements in the specialization or program to which the student is seeking transfer admission. For the purpose of this computation, all attempts or individual courses are included.
- Have completed courses which transfer as CHM 111, PHY 161, MAT 191, and MAT 192
- Be in good standing at their previous school—that is, not on warning, probation, suspension, or the equivalent
Conditional Admission for Transfer Students to the B.S.E. Degree Program
Students who have completed a course which transfers as MAT 191 and have not yet completed CHM 111, PHY 161, and MAT 192, but who are otherwise eligible, may be granted conditional admission to the School of Engineering BSE degree program.