About the Major
Mercer’s mechanical engineering undergraduate curriculum covers the fundamentals of engineering, emphasizes basic principles, and educates students in the use of these principles to reach optimal design solutions for engineering problems. Successful completion of this curriculum prepares students for careers in one of the many areas of practice as a mechanical engineer, or for advanced education in graduate school.
- General Education: 32 hours
- Engineering Core: 45 hours
- Additional Mathematics and Laboratory Science: 3 hours
- Required Mechanical Engineering (MAE) Courses: 37 hours
- Technical Electives: 12 hours
- Total: 129 hours