About the Major
Mercer’s electrical engineering major builds upon a strong base provided by the engineering core and general studies. Beyond this base, the curriculum is composed of two parts: electrical engineering courses and technical electives. Approved technical elective courses enable students to deepen their background in electrical and computer engineering and expand their knowledge in related fields.
Successful completion of the curriculum leaves the student prepared to embark on a career in electrical engineering or to pursue advanced education in graduate school.
- General Education: 32 hours
- Engineering Core: 45 hours
- Additional Mathematics: 3 hours
- Required Electrical Engineering (ECE) Courses: 46 hours
- Technical Electives: 3 hours
- Total: 129 hours