Dr. Pablo Biswas
Assistant Professor of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Dr. Pablo Biswas joined the Mercer University School of Engineering in 2014 as an Assistant Professor of Industrial and Systems Engineering in the Department of Industrial Engineering and Industrial Management. Previously, he taught in the Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics Department at Texas A&M International University in Laredo, Texas. He began his professional career as a Technical Business Consultant at Farm Credit Services of America, Omaha, Nebraska.
- Ph.D., Engineering Science, Louisiana State University
- M.S., Industrial Engineering, Louisiana State University
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
Area(s) of Specialization
- Information Systems
- Simulation Modeling
- Supply Chain and Logistics
Dr. Biswas teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in the areas of industrial and information systems engineering. Also, he works as a technical consultant with local companies and research faculty with MERC on several projects. He has published more than 20 papers in referred journals and conference proceedings. His research interest is in the area of supply chain management, lean production systems, simulation modeling, inventory control, operations research, and information systems.
Outside of the classroom, Dr. Biswas is serving as faculty advisor of Industrial and Systems Engineering (IISE) Mercer Student Chapter. He organizes Six Sigma Green Belt Training and Certifications program for Mercer students and alumni. He enjoys reading, music, and movies. In his spare time, Dr. Biswas likes to watch soccer, college football, NFL, and Cricket.
- Biswas, P. and Scott, S. R., “An EPQ model for an imperfect production system with rework, scrap, and backorder,” International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering, (In Press; Volume TBD; IJISE-15188).
- Biswas, P., and Schultz, S. R., (2019), “Development of a Project Tracking Information System using Agile Methodology,” Data Analytics & Information Systems Track, Paper ID 583717, Proceedings of the 2019 Institute of Industrial Engineers Annual Conference and EXPO, Orlando, FL, May 18-21, 2019.
- Biswas, P., & Sarker, B. R., (2019), “An Integrated Multi-Supplier-Retailer Supply Chain with JIT Delivery,” Logistics & Supply Chain Track, Paper ID 549768, Proceedings of the 2019 Institute of Industrial Engineers Annual Conference and EXPO, Orlando, FL, May 18-21, 2019.
- Schultz, S. R., and Biswas, P., (2018), “Applications of Service Research within Industrial Engineering,” Submission ID 6, Proceedings of the 2018 ASEE Southeastern Section Meeting, Daytona Beach, Florida, March 4-6, 2018.
- Burtner, J., and Biswas, P., (2018), “Translating Time Study Implementation from Academia to the Real World,” Submission ID 152, Proceedings of the 2018 ASEE Southeastern Section Meeting, Daytona Beach, Florida, March 4-6, 2018.