Regents Engineering Pathways

The Regents' Engineering Pathway (REP) program expands the availability of engineering education opportunities for Georgians across all University System of Georgia institutions. Students complete one, two, or more years of engineering pathway courses at participating University System of Georgia institutions and then transfer to Georgia Institute of Technology, Georgia Southern University, Kennesaw State University, Mercer University or the University of Georgia  (REP Engineering Institutions) to complete a B.S. degree in Engineering.  Mercer University is delighted to help students consider their education options and we would be glad to talk things over with you.

Engineering Specializations Offered at Mercer

How to Transfer to the Mercer University School of Engineering

  • Contact our program director: Dr. Scott Schultz, Associate Dean of the School of Engineering at or 478-301-2840
  • Contact our Assistant Director of Admissions, Mrs. Ashley Herman, or 478-301-5123 to apply to Mercer
  • Review requirements on Mercer's Transfer Student Admissions page:
    • Applying for Admission (an online application is available)
    • Transferring Credits (review our list of courses at Georgia institutions)
    • Scholarships and Financial Aid (this includes Merit-based scholarships for all engineering students as well as need-based scholarships and loans)
    • Enrolling and Registering for Classes (a Mercer advisor will assist you)
    • Reserving Campus Housing (review the key dates to secure housing)

Freshman and Sophomore Years at Mercer Engineering

Students typically transfer to Mercer Engineering in one of six specialties as an incoming sophomore or junior. In order to transfer in as a junior with 2 years of academic standing, the following courses would be completed prior to transfer. Courses not taken at the REP member school can be completed at Mercer but progress might be delayed at Mercer to meet prerequisite requirements. We recommend that students transfer to Mercer as rising sophomores with 30 or more semester hours to stay on track to graduate in four years.  A personalized review can be requested at any time prior to transfer.  Select the link to the table below to view courses that are completed by the end of the sophomore year at Mercer.

Transfer courses

Select the table image to view the full PDF.  

*BME: Biomedical Engineering, CE: Computer Engineering, EE: Electrical Engineering, ENV: Environmental Engineering, IE: Industrial Engineering, ME: Mechanical

Visit   for detailed curricula and course descriptions or the catalog at  .

(1) Freshman Year: EGR 126, EGR 107

(2) Sophomore Year: EGR 232, EGR 235, EGR 236, EGR 244, EGR 245, EGR 252 

Mercer School of Engineering Transfer Requirements

Students who transfer into the School of Engineering must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA in all college enrollments. In addition, students must also have a 2.5 GPA or higher in all college mathematics, science, and engineering courses (excluding developmental mathematics courses). They must also be in good standing, that is, not on warning, probation, suspension, or equivalent. The School of Engineering will consider transfer students at any stage in their education after successfully completing Calculus I (MAT191).

Full Admission for Transfer Students to the BSE Degree Program
Transfer students who seek full admission to the School of Engineering BSE degree program must satisfy the following conditions:
  1. Have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA in all college enrollments;
  2. Have a 2.5 GPA or higher in all degree relevant college math, science and engineering courses attempted. Courses are considered degree relevant only if they could be used (were an appropriate grade earned) to satisfy degree requirements in the specialization or program to which the student is seeking transfer admission. For the purpose of this computation, all attempts or individual courses are included.
  3. Have completed courses which transfer as CHM 111, PHY 161, MAT 191, and MAT 192.
  4. Be in good standing at their previous school---that is, not on warning, probation, suspension, or the equivalent.
Conditional Admission for Transfer Students to the BSE Degree Program

Students who have completed a course which transfers as MAT 191 and have not yet completed CHM 111, PHY 161, and MAT 192, but who are otherwise eligible, may be granted conditional admission to the School of Engineering BSE degree program.