The Engineering Honors Program provides exceptional students a program of study that presents challenges beyond the normal requirements for an undergraduate degree in the School of Engineering. The goals of the Engineering Honors Program are to (1) provide a common freshman experience that challenges the students and faculty members both technically and non-technically, and (2) provide a project experience that demonstrates knowledge and skills that exceed normal undergraduate requirements. Students are admitted to the Program by invitation only.
All engineering honors students must:
- Participate in a weekly one hour credit Engineering Honors Seminar
- Complete a total of eight honors seminar credits
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.3
- Complete an approved honors project in addition to the undergraduate degree requirements
- Provide a poster session honors project progress report for the project each year
- Complete an approved final project report at the conclusion of the honors project.
Students who fall below 3.3 will be allowed to continue in the Engineering Honors Program for one semester.
Engineering honors students are encouraged to include one term of study or work experience preferably outside the United States that complements the required program of study and the honors project. This may be part of a study abroad experience provided to all qualifying Mercer University undergraduate students and may be fulfilled during a summer or May-term.
For more information, contact the following: