Dr. Aaron Collins came to Mercer University in 1993 and served as Chair of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering from then until 2008. He served as Associate Dean of Engineering from 2008 until his retirement in 2014. He returned for one full-time year as Associate Dean for the 2019-2020 academic year. Prior to coming to Mercer, he worked at the Lockheed-Georgia Company in the flight controls lab, and at Combustion Engineering in Connecticut developing real-time computer systems for nuclear power plants. He also served as a faculty member at Tennessee Technological University and at Clemson University.
- Ph.D. Engineering, Clemson University
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, Clemson University
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, Clemson University
Area(s) of Specialization
- Automatic Control Systems
- Digital System Design
- Real-time Computer Control