Dr. Hunmin Kim
Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Dr. Hunmin Kim earned his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the Pennsylvania State University, University Park, and his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Pusan National University, Pusan, Korea. Before coming to Mercer, he worked as a postdoctoral research associate at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
His research interests focus on the safe and optimal operation of Cyber-physical systems and their applications to the autonomous ground and aerial vehicles. He has numerous journal and conference papers on Cyber-physical security and robust control and path planning.
- Ph. D., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Pennsylvania State University, PA
- B. S., Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National University, South Korea
Area(s) of Specialization
- Security of Cyber-physical Systems
- Attack and fault detection
- Robust control and path planning
- Applications: Autonomous vehicle, unmanned aerial vehicle, and smart grid
Dr. Kim is interested in the safe and optimal operation of Cyber-physical Systems (CPS), addressing new problems induced by the combinatory nature of CPS. His interest particularly focuses on exploring the security and multi-agent coordination of CPS.
- Kim, H., Guo, P., Zhu, M., & Liu, P. (2020). Simultaneous input and state estimation for stochastic nonlinear systems with additive unknown inputs. Automatica, 111, 108588.
- Kim, H., Zhu, M., & Lian, J. (2019). Distributed robust adaptive frequency control of power systems with dynamic loads. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 65(11), 4887-4894.
- Kim, H., Yoon, H., Wan, W., Hovakimyan, N., Sha, L., & Voulgaris, P. (2021, December). Backup plan constrained model predictive control. In 2021 60th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC) (pp. 289-294). IEEE.
- Kim, H., Wan, W., Hovakimyan, N., Sha, L., & Voulgaris, P. (2021, May). Robust vehicle lane keeping control with networked proactive adaptation. In 2021 American Control Conference (ACC) (pp. 136-141). IEEE.
- Wan, W., Kim, H., Hovakimyan, N., & Voulgaris, P. G. (2019, December). Attack-resilient estimation for linear discrete-time stochastic systems with input and state constraints. In 2019 IEEE 58th Conference on Decision and Control (CDC) (pp. 5107-5112). IEEE.
- Guo, P., Kim, H., Virani, N., Xu, J., Zhu, M., & Liu, P. (2018, June). RoboADS: Anomaly detection against sensor and actuator misbehaviors in mobile robots. In 2018 48th Annual IEEE/IFIP international conference on dependable systems and networks (DSN) (pp. 574-585). IEEE.
- Guo, P., Kim, H., Guan, L., Zhu, M., & Liu, P. (2017, October). VCIDS: Collaborative intrusion detection of sensor and actuator attacks on connected vehicles. In International Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Systems (pp. 377-396). Springer, Cham.
Office: Engineering Building 223A