Technical Communication Minor
Enhance Your Education
Mercer’s Technical Communication minor makes a valuable addition to your Mercer undergraduate degree. Technical Communication minors are able to analyze audiences for any type of communication, define their purpose, and design appropriate communication products to meet needs. They are also able to:
- Write clearly for various audiences
- Present information accurately and persuasively
- Use a variety of media appropriately
- Work successfully in a team environment
In addition, our students often serve as the user advocate on design teams, focusing attention on design alternatives that respect the needs of the users and add value to technical products.
Students who plan to earn a minor in Technical Communication must complete 15 hours of coursework:
- TCO 220. Information Design, TCO 230. Web Design, or TCO 250. Communication in Management (6 hours)
- TCO 341. Technical Communication (3 hours)
- Two other 300- or 400-level Technical Communication courses (6 hours)
Learn from the Best
Technical communication students benefit from the guidance of our experienced team of faculty members.